About Half Moon Bay Beaches:
Half Moon Bay State Beach encompasses several beaches in and around Half Moon Bay, Francis Beach, Venice Beach and Dunes Beach. Each has a separate parking area.
Half Moon Bay Beaches Fees:
Entrance Fee: State Park entrance fee
Parking Fee: Included in entrance fee
Creature Comforts at Half Moon Bay Beaches:
- Francis Beach has a campground, dump station and coin-operated showers
- Venice Beach has flush toilets and outside showers
- WiFi service within 150 to 200 feet of the Visitor Center
- Food nearby in town
Half Moon Bay Beaches Activities:
- The Coastside Trail connects the beaches and continues north to Pillar Point Harbor. It's good for walking, running or bicycling.
Lodging Near Half Moon Bay Beaches:
Half Moon Bay Beach Events:
- The annual Mavericks surf contest is held nearby
- It's not held at the beach, but the annual pumpkin festival brings so many visitors that the roads are practically gridlocked, making the fist weekend of October an inconvenient time to try to go to the beach.