About Capitola Beach:
Capitola Beach is one of California's prettiest city beaches, always busy. It has beautiful views of the Monterey Bay and sailboats moored offshore, and a string of colorfully-painted cottages along the water add a festive touch.
Capitola Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: Pay to park at a meter in downtown (many have a two-hour limit) or for free in the visitor's lot up the hill above the railroad track on Monterey Ave.
Creature Comforts at Capitola Beach:
- Outdoor showers
- No pets allowed
- Food is available from restaurants in town
- No fires on the beach
- Alcohol and glass containers are not allowed on the beach
Capitola Beach Activities:
- Volleyball (nets near the pier, portable nets not allowed)
- Swimming (seasonal lifeguard)
- Fishing from the pier (where you can rent fishing boats)
- In the summer, Capitola Beach Co. sets up a stand near the end of the beach where they rent boogie boards, wetsuits, umbrellas and beach chairs, plastic buckets, etc.
Lodging Near Capitola Beach:
The nearest lodging to Capitola Beach is in town.
Highs and Lows at Capitola Beach:
- Pretty beach with a festive atmosphere
- Nice place to watch surfers
- Hard to find parking in town
Santa Cruz beaches can be foggy in early summer, sometimes all day long.