About Sunset Beach:
Sunset Beach is a wide, pretty beach with whitish-colored sand. dunes between parking lot (which fills up early) and the beach
Sunset Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: Yes
Parking Fee: Included in entrance fee
Creature Comforts at Sunset Beach:
- Group picnic tables are available under a shelter, but sand dunes block their view of the water
Sunset Beach Activities:
- Beach bonfires (in fire rings only)
- You can catch surf perch and sardines on the beach, but need a fishing license to do it.
- There's a remote control glider port in the dunes - fun to watch even if you don't own one.
- Lifeguard service is provided during the busiest times
Lodging Near Sunset Beach:
Highs and Lows at Sunset Beach:
- This is such a nice beach that it's very popular, and the limited parking spots fill up early
Santa Cruz beaches can be foggy in early summer, sometimes all day long.