Operated by the Metropolitan Transit System, the San Diego Trolley offers an easy way to get to and from many of the city's popular tourist attractions without having to hunt for a parking place or drive through traffic. It runs from early morning to midnight weekdays and until 2:00 a.m. on Saturdays, with San Diego Trolley trains arriving every 7.5 to 30 minutes, depending on the time of day.
San Diego Trolley Lines and Stops
The San Diego Trolley runs on three, color-coded lines: Orange, Green and Blue. Consult a San Diego Trolley Map to find out where they all go.
The San Diego Trolley does not go to the airport, Zoo, Safari Park or Balboa Park, but it goes a lot of other places. The Orange Line travels past stops for most of the popular attractions. Use our map to find out which stop is closest to the attractions you want to visit. Take the Green Line to get to Mission San Diego and the Blue Line to get to Old Town or Tijuana (San Ysidro station).
San Diego Trolley Fares
- San Diego Trolley tickets can be purchased for a single trip or all day travel.
- San Diego Trolley tickets are good for two hours after they're validated. The expiration time is printed on the ticket.
- If you plan to ride the San Diego Trolley several times in the same day, or if you're going to Tijuana from Old Town or further north, you can save money with a Day Pass. You can buy them in one- to four-day versions and they're also good for all MTS buses.
On Board the San Diego Trolley
- Eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed on the San Diego Trolley
- Buy your ticket before you board the San Diego Trolley and keep it handy