Legoland California Basics
- Hours: Hours vary by season. Check current schedule. Legoland closes during bad weather and the water park closes during winter.
- Reservations: Not required
- Cost: Admission charged, additional parking fee
- Location: Carlsbad, 30 minutes north of San Diego and one hour south of Anaheim
- How Long: Allow at least half a day, longer if you visit the water park or aquarium
- Best Time to Visit: Any time, but less crowded on weekdays
- See It Now: Photo Tour
Adults like the big Lego block creations and the model cities in Miniland, the simulated factory tour and watching the kids having fun. The kids will find a lot of things to bop and bounce, and plenty of rides and activities geared to their age group. Because of this, many rides have MAXIMUM age and/or weight requirements. About one-third of the rides have a minimum height requirement.
The Water Park is one of Legoland's newer areas, so cute it made us wish we were kids again, just to play in it. Like the rest of the park, everything is set up with smaller children in mind. There is an extra admission fee to enter it.
Tips for Your Legoland California Visit
- You can't bring coolers and outside food into Legoland. You'll find healthy food choices all over the park, but like all other theme parks, Legoland charges high prices for bottled water. You can (and should) bring it in with you. You can also take in food or beverages required for specific dietary needs.
- If you have a toddler with you, Legoland's What to do When You're Two is a must-read. It lists activities suitable for the smallest guests. You can read it here.
- The Water Park and Sea Life Aquarium require extra admission fees. Choose the ticket package that meets your needs. You can't get into the Water Park without going through (and buying a ticket for) Legoland, but you can get into the aquarium by itself.
- Fun souvenir! You can buy Lego blocks by the pound at some of the gift shops.
- Pets are not allowed in Legoland California, but you can leave them at the free kennels (first come, first served) just outside the front gate. Bring your own food, water and dishes. As of April, 2013, the kennels were closed during construction of the Legoland Hotel but they should re-open by summer when the hotel is officially opened. Check here for current information.
- If your kids get lost, they'll end up at a Lost Parents location. Any employee can help you find them. Stop at Guest Services on the way in to pick up an identification wristband, which will make it easier for you to get back together. You can also make your own wristband or some parents just write their mobile phone number on the child's hand or wrist with a felt-tipped pen.
Legoland California Tickets
The Go San Diego Card offers a lot of attractions (including Legoland) at a very reasonable price. Use this handy guide to find out all you need to know about it.
- Twilight Rates: Get there two hours before the park closes and you can buy your tickets for half price. You'll get less than half a day of time, but if cost is the primary consideration, you can have a lot of fun in a couple of hours. This rate is not available on October Saturdays.
- Airline employees get 20% off up to 6 Legoland tickets with valid airline ID
- Active military should also bring their IDs for a 10% discount at the ticket booth - or get a bigger discount by purchasing at the ITT at your MWR office on base.
- If you're a AAA member, bring your card along and get a 10% discount on one-day admission tickets for up to 6 guests.
Where Is Legoland California Located?
One Lego Drive
Legoland California Website
Exit I-5 at Cannon Road East, and follow signs to Legoland. Turn right onto Lego Drive.