Ideas for a Day Out in San Diego
- Sea World: You know the place, at least by reputation. What always surprises me is how much fun I have when I go.
- Legoland: A great place for the younger set.
- Mission Bay: Less tourist-ified than most of the San Diego beaches.
- Coronado Beach: Gently sloping sand, small surf and year-round lifeguard make Coronado Beach great for kids.
- Ocean Beach: If any of your family members are the furry, four-legged kind, this beach is the only place in San Diego where dogs can run off-leash.
- Whaley House: If your kids like ghosts or the idea of ghosts, they might like to visit one of the most haunted places in the country.
- San Diego Zoo or San Diego Zoo Safari Park: These are both old standbys for a day out in San Diego.
- Balboa Park: With plenty of room to romp and lots of places to visit, Balboa has something for every family member.
- Birch Aquarium, La Jolla: We like this small aquarium, which is much more kid-manageable than its bigger siblings.