About La Jolla Shores Beach:
La Jolla Shores Beach is a long, gently-sloping beach with beautiful views of La Jolla Cove. Waves are gentle here, making it a favorite of families and novice surfers.
This beach is clean and strewn with small shells. It's great for making sand castles, soaking up some sun or just about anything you like to do at the beach.
Because the beach slopes so gently, much of the sand is well-packed, making it an excellent place to walk or run.
La Jolla Shores Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: None
Creature Comforts at La Jolla Shores Beach:
- Picnic Tables in the nearby park
- Fire Rings, which are very popular. Get there early and stake your claim.
- Several restaurants can be found on nearby Avenida de la Playa
- Alcohol is not allowed on this beach
- Pets allowed only between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m., and they must be on a leash.
La Jolla Shores Beach Activities:
Lodging Near La Jolla Shores Beach:
Highs and Lows at La Jolla Shores Beach:
La Jolla Shores is so nice that everyone wants to go there. It gets very crowded on weekends, especially in summer. If your schedule is flexible, go on a weekday.
If you want to enjoy the tide pools, you need to get to La Jolla Cove at low tide. Check the tide times before you go.
- In summer, San Diego beaches are subject to red tides.
How to Get to La Jolla Shores Beach:
From the south, exit I-5 at La Jolla Parkway. Turn right onto La Jolla Shores Drive and right onto Vallecitos.