- Held mid-June through mid-October
- Held at Humphreys by the Bay hotel, San Diego
- Humphreys by the Bay Concerts website
- Admission charged and reservations recommended. See below.
This outdoor venue is on the shore of Shelter Island, with the marina on one side, the hotel on the other and palms soaring overhead. Seating is in comfortable folding chairs.
Crowd Factor at Humphreys Concerts by the Bay:
This medium-sized venue feels smaller than its 1,400-seat capacity and every one of them has a good view of the elevated stage. Sit in the first 15 rows and you won't need binoculars.
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay Tips:
- Gates open 45 minutes before showtime
- No matter what the forecast says, the breeze coming off the water can be just... plain... cold. Bring plenty of layers.
- No food or beverages may be brought in, but they sell them inside (including hot drinks for those chilly evenings)
- Tickets are required for all ages. No lap-sitting allowed.
- Leave umbrellas, cameras, and recording devices at home
Likes and Dislikes:
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay are popular with music-lovers. If your favorite performer is on their schedule, you won't find a better place anywhere to see them up close.
How to Get to Humphreys Concerts by the Bay :
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay are held on the grounds of Half Moon Inn at 2241 Shelter Island Drive. Take I-5 to the Rosecrans exit, take Rosecrans west to Shelter Island Drive and turn left. Humphrey's Half moon Inn is on the right. There is a parking fee at Humphreys, but you can find free public parking lots nearby.
Humphreys Concerts by the Bay Tickets and Reservations:
Sold Out Shows:
Humphreys by the Bay Concerts has been a San Diego tradition for over 25 years. Concerts span from rock and jazz to comedy, blues, folk and international music.
The surroundings are simple, but the sound system is excellent and even from the last row, you'll get a terrific view. You can also buy room/dinner/concert packages that include great seats.
While you can't bring your own picnic to Humphreys, they do have a concession stand and - even better - roaming servers who will take your order and bring your drinks to your seat.