Reserving a Hotel on Hotel Circle
Attractions Near Hotel Circle
Hotel Circle is the name used to refer to the cluster of hotels and motels near the intersection of I-5 and I-8. It's not really close to much in the way of sights, but these are the nearest:
- Old Town State Historic Park One of the oldest parts of town, with lots of historic buildings and restaurants.
- Sea World A marine-themed park that's most famous for its killer whale Shamu.
- Mission Bay Pleasant parks and beaches surrounding a protected bay.
Pros and Cons of Staying on Hotel Circle
- Parking is usually free and there are lots of choices
- Close to the freeway and somewhat central if you're visiting a lot of San Diego sights
- Very few attractions nearby, but there are lots of family restaurants and shopping centers
- Large group tours tend to use these hotels, which can make them noisy and crowd the lobby when they arrive and depart