Reserving a Hotel in La Jolla
Attractions in La Jolla
An attractive, upscale community, La Jolla is a good place to spend a day and a nice spot to stay as well. Discover how to spend a day in La Jolla
. Some of the most popular La Jolla attractions are:
- Birch Aquarium A nice, small aquarium with some great exhibits.
- La Jolla Cove One of the best places for tide pooling.
- La Jolla Shores A wide beach with lots of room for walking and good views of town.
- Windansea Beach The area's best surfing beach isn't a place for beginners, but it is a good spot to watch the experts.
Pros and Cons of Staying in La Jolla
- La Jolla is perhaps the very nicest area in San Diego, with hotels in town and nearby Torrey Pines among the best anywhere
- Luxury comes at a price. Most La Jolla hotels are on the expensive side
- La Jolla is at the north end of the San Diego metropolitan area, which means you'll have to drive across town to get to many attractions. On the other hand, it's so pretty you may just decide to stay put.