What to Expect from San Diego in September
September continues San Diego's best weather, warm but with little chance of rain, clear days and little fog.
More About: San Diego in the Fall
San Diego Weather in September
Average High Temperature: 76°F/24°C
Average Low Temperature: 65°F/18°C
Rain & Clouds Index: 0.15 inches (0.4 cm) rain, 69% sunshine
What Pack, What to Wear in September
Pack a mid-weight jacket, especially for evening near the water. Bring short-sleeved shirts and lightweight pants, with a sweater for layering, but you'll find less need shorts than earlier in the year.
San Diego September Events
- Fleet Week San Diego: Held annually in September and October, this celebration of San Diego's military service men and women includes concerts, parades and a big air show.
- Del Mar Races: Thoroughbred horse racing since 1937, lots of fun and your admission price includes weekend concerts.
- Humphreys by the Bay Concerts: A fun outdoor summer concert series held on Shelter Island from June through mid-October.
- Old Globe Theatre: Mid-June through late September, they stage outdoor Shakespeare productions in a reproduction of his original Globe Theatre.
- Restaurant Week: January and September are great months to sample some of the city's nicest restaurants, with special tasting menus and prices.