A Bit About Sequoia and Kings Canyon National ParksSequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are two separate parks administered jointly by the National Park Service.
When you're thinking about a place to stay, you have several options. Inside the parks, you'll find places to stay as listed below. Other options are the town of Three Rivers, which is just outside the southern entrance of Sequoia. Visalia is also an option is as Fresno, but if you're going into the parks for more than one day, it's a long drive to get there and back.
You'll need more than just a place to sleep while you're in Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Take a look at things to do in Sequoia and Kings Canyon for a weekend getaway.
Finding a Hotel Inside the ParksBecause the contiguous wilderness areas are operated by no less than four different government entities and two concessionaires, it can be difficult to find out about all your lodging options. We've collected them all here, regardless of who runs them.
Mineral King LodgingMineral King is inside Sequoia National Park, reached by turning off CA Hwy 198 near Three Rivers. This area is closed in winter.
- Paradise Canyon Cabins: Two cabins in the Sequoia/Mineral king area, on the Kaweah River near the Three Rivers park entry. Private hot tubs.
- Silver City Resort: Open May through October.
Sequoia National Park Lodging
- Wuksachi Lodge: This place is the newest in the parks.
- Sequoia High Sierra Camp: No bare-bones camping here, where 36 luxury canvas cabins combine a wilderness camping adventure with the comforts of home. To get there, you can drive to a trailhead and hike just 1.5 miles. Open July through October.
National Forest and National Monument Lodging
- Kings Canyon Lodge, (559) 335-2405
- Montecito-Sequoia Lodge
- Mountain Top Bed and Breakfast
- Stony Creek Lodge
Kings Canyon National Park Lodging
Finding a Hotel Outside Sequoia and Kings CanyonIf you decide to stay outside the parks, you can find your Sequoia and Kings Canyon lodging like a pro. First look at a map and decide what town or towns you want to stay in. Options include Three Rivers, Fresno and use the same process we use to choose our recommended hotels.
Once you've picked a few good candidates, apply all the best tricks to get the lowest possible rate.