Whether you're visiting San Francisco or live in the area, these are great things to do with the kids.
Things to Do with Kids North of San Francisco
Things to Do With Kids South of San Francisco
- San Jose Children's Discovery Museum: Kid-tested and approved by my niece. I had a good time too!
- Winchester Mystery House: A monument to what someone can do if they have too much money. Doors leading to nowhere, windows with walls behind them, and on and on and on. San Jose.
- Great America: Paramount's theme park. Santa Clara.
- Mystery Spot: Worth a stop if you're in the area, this weird attraction will keep you thinking. Santa Cruz.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk: With a famous antique 1924 wooden roller coaster, this is one of the few remaining oceanside amusement parks. Santa Cruz.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: Fun for all ages. They make a special effort to have kids' activities associated with their exhibits, and little ones love hugging the human-in-an-otter-suit. Monterey.
- Gilroy Gardens: An agricultural-themed park that's best for younger children and/or garden lovers. Near Gilroy, south of San Jose.
More Things to Do with Kids in San Francisco