The Bottom Line
Clearly, I'm not the only person who felt that way. Although the spa had been open less than a month, I met a woman who was already coming back for the second time.
- Beautiful, peaceful, environmentally sensitive design
- Signature massage (a mix of several styles) is especially relaxing
- Friendly, helpful, attentive staff and excellent massage therapists earn an "A+"
- This small facility may soon be overwhelmed by demand for its excellent services
- Located at Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito, just north and east of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The spa has a sauna, outdoor basking pool and herbal apothecary. The Tea Bar serves teas, herbal drinks and light snacks
- Contact Info:
601 Murray Circle
Cavallo Point Spa website
- Rates: In August, 2008, a one-hour massage was $140 to $145. Check current rates
- Treatments at Cavallo Point Spa: Massages, soaks, wraps and facials. They also provide healing acupuncture and body work.
- What's Special at Cavallo Point: Signature massage delivers an especially relaxing result
- Policies: Clients must be at least 18 years old.
Guide Review - Cavallo Point Spa
The spa is part of Cavallo Point Lodge in Sausalito, located just below the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge. Housed in a new building, it's clean, airy and light-filled. The facilities are well-designed and small touches abound.
I had the signature massage, developed especially for the spa. It combines aromatherapy with a blend of compressions, stretches, holds long strokes. It was so relaxing that I was especially glad that my therapist had thoughtfully moved robe and slippers next to the table so I didn't have to move far to get them. It took a long, hot shower and a cup of tea in the atrium before I felt alert enough to be safe on the highway getting home.
The spa offers a nice variety of spa treatments, but it's also a wellness center, the kind of place you might visit regularly, offering acupuncture, body work and herbal consultations designed to help keep your body and mind healthy.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with a complimentary treatment for the purpose of review. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.