49-Mile Drive Golden Gate Bridge to Legion of HonorFollow Lincoln Blvd (which becomes El Camino Del Mar at 25th Ave) through the Sea Cliff neighborhood. The museum is on the left just past the golf course.
Legion of Honor Museum
- Hours: Open Tuesday through Sunday. Closed January 1, Thanksgiving1 and December 25
- Cost: Admission charged, but first Tuesday of each month is free. Arrive by bus and show your Fast Pass or transfer to get a discount
- Reservations: May be needed for special Legion of Honor exhibits
- Location: Lincoln Park, directions below
- How Long: Allow at least a few hours, longer depending on your level of interest
- Best Time to Visit: Any time, but less busy during the week.
The on-premises cafe at the Legion of Honor is in a pretty setting, offering a special Sunday brunch. The gift shop is also worth a look.
Film buffs may recognize the Legion of Honor from the Alfred Hitchcock film Vertigo as the place where the character Carlotta viewed the painting. It's on our Vertigo Tour of San Francisco.
Getting to the Legion of HonorLegion of Honor
Lincoln Park 34th Avenue & El Camino Del Mar
Legion of Honor Website
By car, follow Geary Blvd. west, turn right on 34th Avenue and follow the road through the golf course to the Legion of Honor.
By public transport, there are several options, which are outlined at the Legion of Honor website
1 Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. Click Next below to continue on the 49-Mile Drive