- Cable Car Museum: The big machinery that runs the cars is fascinating, and downstairs you can see the cables in action.
- Exploratorium: The grand-daddy of hands-on science museums is still one of the best, with lots of interesting exhibits to play with.
- Museums: You've got dozens to choose from.
- Rainy Day San Francisco: Try a few of these ideas if it's rainy outside.
Day Trips Out of Town
- Jelly Belly Factory Tour: Everyone loves to see how these sweet confections are made.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: It's dry inside but wet in the tanks, and here are plenty of them to keep you entertained for hours.
- Winchester Mystery House, San Jose: Sarah Winchester may have been a haphazard architect, but her house is plenty big.