We know how hard it can be to start planning a San Francisco vacation if you don't know much about it. Instead of using mood-altering substances to get you through your vacation planning, try our easy, 12 steps (or less) to plan a San Francisco vacation. We've arranged the steps in the order which fits our vacation planning style, but you can go through this guide in any order that suits you.
- If the b-b-budget is a priority, start by learning to say the M-word (money) without fear.
- If you're going to San Francisco because you want to enjoy an annual event, start by finding out when it happens.
- If you want to just show up and figure out the rest of your vacation after you arrive, we applaud your sense of adventure, but don't count on your good luck to get a San Francisco hotel room at the last minute. Start with Where to Stay.
Images 1-12 of 12
- What San Francisco Is Like - Why Go - Will You Like It?There's no point in planning anything if you won't like the place, is there?
- Best Time to Visit San Francisco - How Long to StayFind out when hotels are cheapest, when the city has the best weather, how much you can see.
- What's WhereDecide where to stay, how to organize your vacation, find out why not to stay near the airport.
- The M-Word: Money and How to Spend LessThe average vacation visitor spends a lot, but you'll know better.
- San Francisco's Top Sights: The Famous SpotsAll the top spots, where they are, things to do for free or in case your vacation gets rained on.
- Finding the Real San FranciscoGet behind the touristy facade and find out what San Francisco is really like.
- Day Trips Around San FranciscoGet ideas for a day out of town and the straight stuff: side trips that may not be what you think.
- How to Get to San FranciscoPlanes, trains, automobiles and buses.
- Where to Stay in San FranciscoYou know what you want to see and how you're getting to town, figuring out where to stay is easy
- How to Get AroundFind out why you may not want to rent a car and all the alternatives for getting around town.
- Plan Your San Francisco Vacation Like a ProPros get prepared, stay out of line and pack smart. Read this and plan your vacation like one.
- Food, Drink, Entertainment and NightlifePrimary needs and lots of fun for your visit.
- Graphic Index
- Text Index