About Rodeo Beach:
This thousand-yard-long crescent-shaped beach faces west.
Rodeo Beach Fees:
Entrance Fee: None
Parking Fee: None
Creature Comforts at Rodeo Beach:
- Picnic tables
- No food nearby. Bring your own.
- Dogs are allowed at Rodeo Beach, under voice control
Rodeo Beach Activities:
- Beachcombing: the north end of the beach is covered with tiny, shiny multicolored pebbles. Orange ones are the rarest and prettiest
- Surfing is variable, but best in summer
- Birdwatching: The fresh-water lagoon nearby attracts birds
- Photography: The two big rocks offshore are the most-photographed feature
Highs and Lows at Rodeo Beach:
- Rodeo Beach can be foggy all day, even in summer
- The small pebbles on this beach are beautiful
- In summer, the beach can be very busy
Because of contamination, the fresh water lagoon is not used for swimming.
How to Get to Rodeo Beach:
The San Francisco Muni bus system goes to Rodeo Beach on Sundays only.