- 7 rooms, 2 cottages
- Benton, CA
- Phone: (760) 933-2507
- Rates include tax and use of the hot tubs
- Full breakfast included
- Free parking
- Three outdoor hot tubs, fed by a hot water spring
- Fitness center
- Well-behaved pets welcome
- Non-smoking accommodations
Shared baths, refrigerators, satellite TV, air conditioning
Inn at Benton Review:
The Inn at Benton, one of our favorite places to get away from it all, is a family-owned bed and breakfast inn housed in a building owned by the same family since it was built in the 1920s. Current owner Diane Bramlette says she and her husband wanted to create a European-style bed and breakfast, a comfortable, reasonably-priced place to stay. She has succeeded admirably, furnishing the six rooms with antiques, decorating them in a warm, cozy style and serving a delicious full breakfast, all at a fraction of the price that you might pay elswhere in California.
Three outdoor hot tubs are the Inn's most appealing amenity, getting their warmth from a natural hot spring on the property. Unlike their fancy counterparts elsewhere, roaring with bubbling water jets and saturated in chlorine, these pools are still and natural, and a soak under the stars in one of them is many visitors' favorite experience.
Things should know about the Inn at Benton:
- Children are welcome and so are well-behaved pets.
- The Inn at Benton is sold out most weekends, year round. Reserve at least two weeks in advance.
- There are no phones in the rooms and most cellphones don't work here either.
- You're welcome to enjoy the semi-private hot tubs au naturel, but this is not a clothing optional resort.
As is common in the travel industry, the writer was provided with complimentary accommodation for the purpose of reviewing those services. While it has not influenced this review, About.com believes in full disclosure of all potential conflicts of interest. For more information, see our ethics policy.