Do you love a good, old-fashioned Western film? Wish you'd live in the Old West? We've got some great Western film locations and Old West sites for you.
- Wyatt Earp's Burial Place, Colma
- Bodie Ghost Town is one of the west's best-preserved and one of our favorites
- California Rodeo, Salinas is one of the top 20 in the country
- Lone Pine
- Columbia Gold Rush Town where scenes from High Noon were shot
- Railtown 1897 is home to historic steam engines that have been featured in more than 200 films
Rest of the West
- Buffalo Bill Grave and Museum, Denver, Colorado
- Horseback Riding, Las Vegas, NV
- Mescal, Arizona
- Old Tucson Studios, Tucson
- Superstition Mountain, Phoenix
- Tombstone, Arizona
Return to the California Vacation Grab Bag to find more unusual and interesting places to go on your California vacation.