The Bottom Line
- Convenient downtown Paso Robles hotel location
- Comfortable beds, nice rooms
- Light sleepers complain about street noise leaking into rooms facing the front of the hotel
- 1021 Pine Street
Paso Robles, CA
866-522-6999, fax 805-226-9979
- 16 rooms
- WiFi Internet access (free)
- Continental breakfast delivered to your room, hot breakfast served on weekends
- Three room types, all with California King beds, 400-threadcount sheets, wooden shutters. Higher-end rooms have fireplaces.
- Pony Bar just off the hotel's main entrance serves local wines and beers
Guide Review - Hotel Cheval
Opened in mid-2007, Hotel Cheval is a new style of lodging for Paso Robles. Its European-styled, warm, gold-colored stone and architecture evoke memories of France and Italy. This Paso Robles hotel's 16 rooms surround a stone-paved open courtyard flanked by two wood-burning fireplaces, a great place to wind down at the end of the day or relax on a sunny afternoon.
It's been a long time since we stayed the Tallman. For a more current evaluation, see their reviews at Tripadvisor.