Marilyn Monroe in HollywoodThis recreation of Marilyn Monroe's handprint ceremony is just next door to Grauman's in front of Madame Tussaud's wax museum, and they'll take your photo with it - or just do it yourself.
In the same area are plenty of ways to see and be photographed with Marilyn and , you'll find her plastered on every souvenir imaginable along Hollywood Boulevard.
- Handprints at Grauman's
- Walk of Fame star
- Look up at the northwest corner of Hollywood and Highland and you'll see her portrayed with film star James Dean, just above a neon sign that proclaims: "Gifts & Souvenirs - 1/2 Hour Photo."
- Down the block, a life-sized bronze statue of Marilyn Monroe in that famous dress stands outside the Hollywood Museum and inside they have a Marilyn Monroe Collection.
- Often, a celebrity impersonator dressed up like Marilyn works along Hollywood Boulevard, ready to pose for a small tip.
More Marilyn Monroe Sites in Los Angeles and Southern California
- Los Angeles General Hospital, 1100 Mission Road: Born June 1, 1926
- Hollygrove: Lived here 1935-36
- Vine Street School, 955 N. Vine Street, Hollywood: Attended while she lived at Hollygrove
- Van Nuys High School, 6535 Cedros Avenue, Van Nuys: Attended in 1941
- University High School, 11800 Texas Avenue, West Los Angeles: Attended in 1942 before dropping out to get married
- Catalina Island: 310 Metropole Avenue, 1943-44
- Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego: Some Like It Hot
- Villa Nova Restaurant, 9015 W. Sunset Boulevard: First date with Joe DiMaggio (now the Rainbow Bar and Grill)
- 20th Century Fox Pico Studios, 10100 Pico Boulevard, Century City: Many of her films were made here
- Brentwood Home, 12305 5th Helena Drive: Where she died, 1962
- Westwood Village Memorial Park: Buried