From the article: San Onofre Beach
Have you been to San Onofre Beach? This is the place to share your experiences with others. Share Your Experience
Can't stay outside the military base
- I have gone twice, and both times all of the nudists were pass the military fence. There were no nude sunbathers at trail 6 - you have to walk a good ways further.
- —Guest 2nd Time
- we encourage to keep open this wonderful beach of freedom as relaxing place and place to be free.we been there couple times on past and nothing wrong to be nude ,has limit of clothing optional .
- —Guest francisco
This beach is still open!
- FYI: there has been much press about the "closure" of the Nude Beach at Trail 6. Do Not Be Afraid! I was there today, and though the traditionally nude area was mostly empty, there where still over 50 nudists enjoying the sun, waves, and volleyball au natural. Seems the rangers wrote a few tickets to scare people back in May but none have been written since. If you love San Onofre and can play by the rules among other nudists, get there and enjoy it today!
- —Guest socal sun lover
Limited Parking Upside
- The limited parking is a plus because the beach can never get too crowded.
- —Guest Mike
Best at Minus Tide
- I have been going here for 6 years says the beach is at its best when there is a minus tide and you can explore some of the rocks to see crabs and beautiful-colored starfish
- —Guest Local9576
Watch Out for Photographers
- San Onofre is a great place but suggests you watch out for tents on the beach as people sometimes take photographs from them.
- —Guest ourtacom
Can be Dirty
- The sand can be dirty and often contains a lot of debris.
- —Guest multiplexer9